TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF HIRE
AND RULES OF ENGAGEMENT
Cheeky Monkeys Soft Play is locally owned and managed by Karen Smout and Cheeky Monkeys Soft Play. Children’s packages have been designed specifically for use by children for their entertainment and enjoyment at children’s parties and children’s specialised events. Cheeky Monkeys Soft Play offers for hire a range of soft ware children’s play packages strictly subject to acceptance of Cheeky Monkeys Soft Play terms and conditions of hire.
Equipment is hired in packages and individual play pieces by arrangement.
In contracting to hire, a Hirer unconditionally accepts the terms and conditions of hire.
Bookings are confirmed on payment of a $100.00 deposit. Balance hire charges will be payable 14 days prior to the hire or by arrangement. Payment must be made in full before delivery. Under no circumstances will deposits be refunded.
All payments must be made by cash or bank transfer or otherwise by special arrangement.
The soft play hire packages include free setup and delivery to venues within 50 klms of Yeppoon.
Cheeky Monkeys Soft Play will endeavour to arrive in plenty of time to set up package equipment however Cheeky Monkeys Soft Play is not responsible for any delay incurred through unforseen circumstances i.e. traffic problems, bad weather etc
Cheeky Monkeys Soft Play will need approximately 1 hour to set up the party and hire equipment depending on venue access. Please take this into account when booking venue times.
Hire is for a period of three (3) hours only from time of set up.
Please allow adequate parking space for a large van as close as possible to the access point for delivery and collection of our equipment. Hilly or sloping areas are unsuitable for access or set up.
Cheeky Monkeys Soft Play will set up the equipment taking into account full safety of the children and therefore equipment must not be moved. Cheeky Monkeys Soft Play will not accept any liability for accidents, injury or damage during the period of hire.
In the event of cancellation of your party due to prevailing weather conditions or other unforseen circumstances, no refunds will be allowed. However, Cheeky Monkeys Soft Play will provide you with a credit to be used within six (6) months of your cancelled party.
Under no circumstances are bookings transferrable.
We can only deliver equipment to a suitably sized open space and we will not be responsible for removing furniture etc. If the area is not big enough for the equipment, we will arrange with you for appropriately sized soft play pieces to be left for your party.
Plan so that an area of approximately 7 x 10 metres (70sqm) in your party venue is available for set up.
It is the responsibility of you as Hirer of the Soft Play Party Hire Equipment to ensure that all possible steps are taken to avoid injury to its users or damage to the equipment and all safety instructions are adhered to.
The following health and safety instructions must be strictly followed:-
- Children using the soft play equipment must be aged between 1 year and 4 years;
- The area where equipment is to be set up must be clean and free from obstructions;
- No animals to be allowed on or near the soft play equipment;
- No food, drinks or chewing gum to be allowed on or near any of the soft play equipment, which will avoid choking and soiling of the equipment (please note that if the equipment is collected in a dirty condition, the Hirer will incur a cleaning charge);
- No glass, drinking glasses or bottles to be used on or near the Soft Play Equipment;
- All shoes, glasses, jewellery, sharp objects, badges MUST be removed before using the equipment. Parents or guardians who enter the Soft Play area or walk over the padded floor tiles whilst supervising must remove their shoes, particularly heels. Any damage will result in the Hirer having to pay an additional fee for replacement or repair;
- For hygiene purposes, socks must be worn at all times on the equipment;
- No face paints, party poppers, streamers, bubbles or silly string to be used either on or near the equipment;
- If heavy soiling of the equipment does occur, the Hirer is responsible for cleaning the equipment using only water – any other type of solution will damage the equipment;
- If any damage is caused during the party, please notify Cheeky Monkeys Soft Play. Any costs incurred by Cheeky Monkeys Soft Play for repair and or replacement of equipment, will be charged to the Hirer;
- Cheeky Monkeys Soft Play does not provide supervising personnel. You must arrange for at least one responsible adult (over the age of 18 years) to supervise children at all times. To comply with insurance regulations responsible adults must not be under the influence of alcohol or drugs. Cheeky Monkeys Soft Play will not be held liable for any damage, accidents or injury that occurs due to the consumption and effects if alcohol and / or drug use and / or a failure to supervise or a breach of these rules;
- Always ensure that the Soft Play equipment is not overcrowded, and limit numbers according to the age and size of the children using it;
- Ensure that children are not pushing, colliding, fighting or behaving in a manner likely to injure or cause distress to others;
- Do not allow anyone to jump from the play equipment;
- Ensure that no-one with a history of back or neck problems is allowed on the equipment or any child who is feeling unwell;
- The Soft Play equipment should not be used if it becomes wet, as the surfaces may become slippery;
- Please take care in hot weather as the equipment may become hot to touch;
- Although the Soft Play Equipment and balls from the Ball Pit are cleaned after every event, it is recommended that supervising adults discourage children from placing balls in their mouths for hygiene purposes;
- Particular care should be taken when younger children and toddlers are exiting the Ball Pit to ensure no accidents occur. Diving / jumping into or standing on the side of the Ball Pit or playhouse is not allowed;
- There must be no smoking or barbeques near the Soft Play Equipment;
- It is the responsibility of the Hirer to ensure that, once set up, due care and attention is given to avoid damage to the Soft Play Equipment and injury to its users;
- Cheeky Monkeys Soft Play will not provide staff to supervise your party event and all supervising personnel must be provided by you. All party equipment will however be delivered, set up, disconnected and removed by Cheeky Monkeys Soft Play;
- The Hirer fully indemnifies Cheeky Monkeys Soft Play in respect of all and any liability, loss, expense, damage, claims, suits, actions, demands or proceedings by any person whatsoever for any injury to any person or persons and / or property caused by or in connection with or arising out of the use of the play equipment and in respect of all costs and charges in connection therewith.